- Cauliflower is one of our families favourite vegetable.The secret of getting the perfect taste of this vegetable is not to overcook it.This reminds me of an incident which happened to one of my friend who tried cooking it for the 1st time.
- Cauliflower-1 medium washed,stems removed and cut into medium florets
- Potatoes-2 washed and cut into cubes
- Onions-2 cut into stripes
- Green chillies-2 cut fine.
- Tomatoes-1 big cut fine
- Ginger garlic paste-1 Tsp
- Red chili powder-1 Tsp
- Dhania -Jeera powder-1 Tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 Tsp
- Salt- 1-1 1/2 Tsp or to taste.
- Oil-2 Tablespoons
Take 1 tbsp oil in a kadai and fry the potatoes for about 5 min.
Remove from fire,add some more oil and fry the onions till light brown.
Add the ginger garlic paste and fry some more.
Add the tomatoes and fry some more.
Add the cauliflower,stir and add turmeric and salt.
Add the fried potatoes,cover and cook for 5 min on medium fire.
Then add all the remaining masalas stir well ,cover and cook till cauliflower and potatoes are cooked crisp-tender.Add a little water if needed.
Garnish with coriander leaves.