BADAM BARFI (Almond Cake)
Time: Approx.30 min.
Sugar - 2 1/2 cups
Ghee - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup or just enough to grind the almonds
water -1 cup
1. Soak badam in hot water for about 1 hour.
2. Remove the skin and grind to a paste with milk.
3. Heat water in a kadai and add the sugar.
4. When it forms a 2 string consistency (slightly thick) add the badam paste. Stir well.
5. Keep adding the ghee when it starts getting thick.
6. Remove from heat when the mixture starts leaving the side.
7. Pour it onto a greased plate and leave it to cool.
8. Cut into diamond shapes and serve.